What Is a Business Owner's Policy (BOP Insurance)?
A business owner’s policy (BOP) combines two types of coverages to protect your small business against a variety of claims. Its coverage components include:
- Commercial general liability insurance
- 商业财产保险, often includingbusiness income and extra expense (BIEE)
The一般责任portion of a BOP safeguards your business in the event someone makes a claim against you or your business. General liability insurance provides protection from liability lawsuits resulting from things like a customer slipping on a wet floor, a defective product causing damage to a client’s property, or claims that the products or services you provided caused injury. It can also protect you from libel, slander and certain legal claims related to advertising.
The物业部分of a BOP helps protect business property you own, lease or rent, including your buildings, equipment, furniture and inventory. It helps cover repair or replacement costs of stolen, damaged or destroyed property, including property that isn’t yours but was in your care. It can also cover loss of incomeand covered expenses like rent, payroll and other financial responsibilities while your property is being repaired or replaced after a fire or other covered loss.
A Travelers BOP builds in many specialized coverages that can be tailored to the unique risks facing your business. Plus, it offers a wide variety of optional coverages that can offer additional protection. For example:
- 雇用和非拥有的汽车- 在短期内租用，租赁或借用车辆时，涵盖您的业务，或者您的员工为公司业务使用他们的个人车辆。
- 网络Liability, Including Data Breach— protects your business against the costs of data breaches and other cyber security issues.
- 犯罪 - 防止金钱和证券盗窃的成本。
- Contractor’s Equipment — helps pay for repair or replacement of tools and equipment if they are lost, stolen, or damaged.
How Can a BOP Help Small
- A pipe bursts and floods one of your workrooms, damaging business-critical equipment and some of your products.
- A fire destroys one of your buildings, leading you to temporarily shut down part of your business. Yet, despite being shut down, you still have to pay rent and your employees.
Discover products by industry:
Tailor your Solution